Presentation Submission Form
The Conference welcomes presenters to submit abstracts or proposals for papers and presentations in the following categories:
- History, including history of use, production sites and methods, and buildings and structures originally constructed with natural cement.
- Chemistry, Geology and Petrography. This category includes challenges faced by today’s professionals in properly identifying natural cement from various sources in existing structures, and proper formulation practices for traditional natural cement masonry and concrete materials.
- Engineering, including challenges in defining natural cement performance as a structural material.
- Restoration practices. This category may include case studies of restoration projects using natural cement, discussions of the merits of restoration with “in-kind” materials, or special challenges in restoration of 19th buildings and structures.
- Special Presentations. The symposium welcomes presenters for brief “project spotlight” presentations and application demonstrations. Presenters are invited to discuss a natural cement restoration project, the special challenges they faced in its completion, and their experiences in working with “new/old” traditional natural cement materials, which had been previously unavailable for more than 30 years.
Abstracts should be filed electronically below. Deadline for Submittal of Abstracts: December 5, 2006.
Notification of Acceptance: December 15, 2006. All presentations will be considered for posting and publication.